Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Experimentation

Red-legged Partridge
What a soggy, miserable-looking Red-legged Partridge. 

It's not the most beautiful photo, but I took it with my iPhone through my scope. It's not cropped or edited in any way and once I'd found the optimum distance from my scope's eyepiece, there was no vignetting.

So far, so good, but it's quite fiddly to find exactly the right position for the phone. An adapter is most definitely required. I'm on the lookout for suitable materials - cardboard, the middles of rolls of tape, bits of pipe, maybe even margarine tubs - to manufacture something. Watch this space.

iPhonescoping. You read it here first (I think...).

photo taken with Apple iPhone 3G S + Leica Apo Televid 77 with 20x eyepiece

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:37 pm

    That's great Katie, Apple strikes again.
    Steve JOBS is going to want to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:56 pm

    Magic
    I love your photos
    I am interested in taking up digiscoping.
    It had not occurred to me until now that I could use my iPhone 3G [S] with a scope
    Thank you for sharing your innovative idea
    Soon as I acquire a suitable scope I will give it a go

    ReplyDelete