Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Holy... badger!

Well... that's a turn-up for the books.

D was sitting on the back step, smoking and watching a Barn Owl float by, when he suddenly spotted movement in the dark underneath the bird feeders.

Is that a Pheasant? he thought...

'And then I saw it had a black and white face! A badger! I can't believe it!'

This is the first time a Badger has been seen in the garden. A cause for celebration. We've seen them not-too-far-away but never on our premises. I was more than a bit sceptical when I read that one in ten participants in a recent RSPB survey had seen badgers in their gardens, but maybe it is true!

In other news, a Lesser Whitethroat was heard singing distantly this evening, thus adding itself to the number 93 slot on our garden bird list.

1 comment:

  1. I too had such a pleasant mammalian suprise when a pair of Jackals turned up in my yard in the middle of the day sometime ago.

    ReplyDelete