Monday, April 20, 2009

Waresley Wood

Bluebells

Spring leaves

Dog Violet

Leaves, sky

Good job this morning's thick fog cleared up, because I had a day off work. I ended up at Waresley Wood for a wander around. Things got off to a bad start when I realised the memory card from my big camera wasn't where it should have been... it was at home, still in the card reader.

It didn't matter too much, as there was plenty to enjoy: loads of fresh, bright green leaves, Bluebells and Lady's Smock in bloom; bee-flies and bumblebees buzzing; Orange-tip and Peacock butterflies flitting about; Bullfinches peeping, Robins singing and Sparrowhawks causing havoc.

Migrants were conspicuous by their absence. I'd at least expected Blackcaps to be singing, but heard only a couple of Chiffchaffs. Where are they all?

photos taken with Canon Powershot A640

2 comments:

  1. "Oh to be in England now that April's here!" I mean it. Your post today is a breath of fresh air! Beech leaves and bluebells -- and the birds. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chris - glad you liked it. It was a wonderful day to be out and about. After I'd finished my walk, I came home and had lunch in the garden, watched the pond and did the crossword (well, part of it)... :o)

    ReplyDelete