Thursday, August 09, 2007

Dragons and butters

Back to my usual haunts this lunchtime.

I may as well change the title of this blog to 'Common Darter portraits' for the duration of August, September and probably October. I can't help it if they're very photogenic and cooperative.

Will I ever get the definitive Common Darter shot? Don't think so.



Common Darter



Painted Lady - the first I've seen for a while. Numbers of butterflies are still well down, after all the rain

Migrant Hawker

Small Red-eyed Damselfly. Again, lots of these on the swimming pool today

Lots of Verbena in the memorial garden, though not nearly enough insects on it

photos taken with Canon EOS 30D, EF 300mm f/4L IS USM

1 comment:

  1. It's aways a great pleasure to visit your bogbumper and sketches blogs. Impressive creativity. Keep working, thank you!

    ReplyDelete