Monday, February 20, 2006

A raid on the kitchen

And now for something completely different...

Big, fat red chilli from Zambia



Small, green 'finger' chillis from Kenya

Half a bulb of garlic, origin unknown

Got a bit bored this afternoon but the bright colours of the chillis caught my eye (not literally, that would be quite painful). I also like the more subtle charms of the garlic skin.

These photos were taken with the veg sitting on a white sheet of paper on my windowsill, while the low afternoon sun shone in. I balanced my camera-holding hand on the edge of the windowsill in an attempt to be a bit more steady. Not a very sophisticated set-up, but quite fun...

photos taken with Nikon Coolpix 995

2 comments:

  1. I'm quite inspired by your blog and website. Great photos. I even had a go at snapping some fridge contents of my own. If I feel brave I might even post them on my blog at www.brightaire.blogspot.com. I'd be delighted if you could drop by and offer any advice on digiscoping, wildlife or any other aspects of my blog.

    CliveN

    ReplyDelete