Friday, March 25, 2005

Nene Washes








This calling Snipe was quite happy to sit on a post while I got on with taking some photos






Lucky to bump into a confiding Reed Bunting, preoccupied with singing




Very dodgy, distant record shot of a Peregrine...


Dozing Mute Swan

A very enjoyable, productive six-and-a-half hours spent on the Nene Washes this morning. I got there by 7.30am and enjoyed some digiscoping (see above).

Then Kevin Du Rose turned up and found a Green-winged Teal near where my car was parked! My excuse is that the bird must have been hiding or had flown off when I arrived, because the Peregrine (pictured) was monstering around... Thanks to Charlie Kitchin for giving me a lift back up there from the other end of the drove!

When I'd had my fill of GWT (no pics, too distant), I went back down the drove with Kev for another look around (already there, so why not?). Right at the far end we found a distant. funny-looking wader. After some dithering, we both concluded that it was a Knot. Not exactly spectacular, but a very scarce bird locally and my 200th for my PBC area list!

My pedometer is claiming 7.121 miles so far today (15,937 steps; 528 calories). VG.

photos taken with Nikon Coolpix 995 + Leica Apo Televid 62 with 16x eyepiece

No comments:

Post a Comment